Sunshine Layout with Karen



Hi Everyone,
This is my first blog post for you all and I’m excited to share my this project with you.
I’ve been wanting to scrap a photo of my niece for a few months and the My Secret Love Collection fits perfectly.
I love the muted colours in this collection, as well as the floral and butterfly details.
To start I used Paper 06 as my background. I really love the frame of this sheet with the floral designs at the sides.




 Sheet 12 is made up of vertical strips from all the other sheets in the collection. I cut six of these strips, then fussy cut around to add to the background sheet. 



First, I used the Turbo Precision Glue Pen to hold the sheets in place.
To add more decoration, I also used by sewing machine and used different stitch types on each strip. To add dimension, I lifted the edges of the sheets, you can see the effect below. 



The collection comes with a set of dies, I used the one from the Labels Mini Die Set and cut out four pieces on tracing paper.
I love the effect tracing paper has on a layout. It’s cheap to use as well as adding a delicate finish to any layout.
To accentuate the bevel edges of this die label, and compliment the tones in the paper, I lighted brushed over with ink from my stash. 



You can see in the image below how I attached these to the back of the photo, again using the Glue Pen to adhere. 



 The title of my layout is Create Your Own Sunshine. I love this quote from the collection, which contains 12 different sentiments. I used this as a title for my layout, and placed it just underneath my photo. 



 To add further embellishment, I fussy cut out 7 of the butterflies in different colours and sizes. I used a mix of the foam strips and dots to adhere to the layout to add depth and dimension around the strips. 
There is also a butterfly stamp in the collection which I used. I stamped these in a co-ordinating green ink from my stash, as I wanted to have more green in the layout to balance out the pinks and greens. 



My finished layout – what do you think?
As you can see, the colours in this collection compliment perfectly with my photo, as well as the sentiment too!
 I spritzed the layout with mist before using Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls around the layout, as well as down one of the strips to finish.






PRODUCTS USED


Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls:




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts