Pop-Up Card with Jeanette


Hello there everyone,
My name is Jeanette and this is my first project as a Guest Designer.


For my first project I am sharing a Pop-Up Card using the beautiful 'My Secret Love' Collection. There is a full video tutorial - HERE on my youtube channel.

I used Paper No. 4 from the 'My Secret Love' Collection as my front focus, I proceeded to cut and fussy cut an opening to the inside of the card. Paper No. 8 was used on the inside to take advantage of the greenery on the borders, both the inside and the font papers were cut to a size of 7.75 x 7.75" and scored vertically down the centre. This was backed on cardstock for strength which measured 8 x 8.5" which was scored at .5" and then at 4.5". I fussy cut some flowers from Paper Nos 4 and 8 to embellish the front and then used foam adhesive dots and strips to adhere them and add dimension. 





A butterfly was stamped to the font of the card and a sentiment was stamped on a leftover piece of paper and backed with grey cardstock and positioned inside on a 'pop up' strip of paper along with a cut out of a birdcage and leaves from the collection.



Adding some lovely die cuts using the Butterfly Flourish and Secret Butterflies mini dies and the Reaching Fern cut and create die I was able to add interest and a little whimsy to the card. 


I then finished things off with some 2mm cream pearls and 3mm silver pearls to the butterflies and flowers. I also added a silver sticker strip that I had in my stash around the border of the card front.



I'm very pleased with the final result of this card, it's the first time I've made one like this so it was a fun learning experience. This is what the card looks like laying flat when it's ready to send/give.


For further in depth details on the making of this card please click on the link below to take you to a video of how my card is constructed.
Video Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvQlyMep8s


The items I used for this project are:

CO727592 12 x 12 double sided patterned paper
CO727594 12 x 12 double sided patterned paper
CO727596 12 x 12 double sided patterned paper
CO727592 12 x 12 double sided patterned paper
CO727615 Open Butterfly mini stamp
CO727623 Love You Sentiment mini stamp
CO727630 Reaching Fern cut and create die
CO727608 Secret Butterflies mini die set
CO727609 Butterfly Flourish mini die
CO726752 Mini Score Board
CO725159 Yellow and Black Stainless Scissors
CO726809 Precision Craft Knife
CO724389 Turbo Precision Glue Pen
CO721985 Double Sided Tape 6mm
CO723780 Adhesive 3D white foam dots
CO723899 Adhesive 3D white foam strips
CO724643 Adhesive Pearls Stunning Silver 3mm
CO725376 Adhesive Pearls Cream 2mm


Thank you so much for joining me today, take care 

Jeanette xx



#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts