Steampunk Card with Jeanette


Hello Everyone,
 Jeanette again today on the blog.
I am going to be using the leftover 'Steampunk Dreams' paper scraps from my previous dressform creation to make a card for my husband's upcoming birthday. The size is quite large as I wanted to use the mechanical image left on pattern paper 4, since it's for my husband I think I can get away with it.


I started with a piece of silver cardstock measuring 10" x 10" (25.4 x 25.4cm) and a piece of black cardstock measuring 9.5" x 4.5" (24.13 x 11.4cm). I scored the silver cardstock down the centre and folded. I attached 6mm double sided adhesive tape to the back of the black cardstock and attached it to the card base.





I then cut the image out of the patterned paper (paper no. 4) using the yellow and black stainless steel scissors, I did have to add a little piece to the top of the image to make it look complete.  I then applied the adhesive 3D black foam strips to the back of the image.



Once this was done I die cut some wings, cogs and chain pieces from some silver paper and the left over patterned paper nos. 3 and 4 and played around with the placement of them.


I then applied glue to the back of the wings (only in the centre) and adhered them to the card. I also attached the image at this point.


Using the precision craft knife, I attached 3D foam black dots to the cogs and put them in place.


I used 3D foam black strips to attach the chains.



At this stage I decided to add another layer to the wings to give a little more dimension.


Turning now to the inside of the card I used the distressed tag dies together with some cogs and and a sentiment to make a decorative embellishment. I layered two of the tags and used the Precision Glue Pen for this.



Once again over to the front of the card to finish off. A few more cogs were added to the lower part of the card along with another layer to the wings, this time in the patterned paper no 3.    .


Then lastly I added a few silver pearls using the precision craft knife to the top of the card and a few selected cogs.



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, I've really enjoyed playing with the 'Steampunk Dreams' Collection.


                                                    Couture Creations products used:



Thank you so much for stopping by today :)

Jeanette xx



                                                                   #couturecreationsaus  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts