Happy Mail Idea with Michelle



Hi everyone, Michelle is back with us today sharing a little creativity using the gorgeous Seaside Girl collection.Now I'm sure that you have heard the term 'RAK' - now if you haven't the letters 'RAK' stand for random act of kindness - some people might also call it 'happy mail'.I enjoy sending RAK's to my crafting friends - I send them to bring a smile and I give quite some thought to what I send and the reasons why.So today I wanted to share with you a 'RAK' that I will be sending to a crafting friend.  Someone who has numerous male grandchildren and has a wee thing for the beach, water and fishing activities.So although this collection is called Seaside Girl - it really is a unisex collection.Let me share.The front of my 'RAK'.  The back or the reverse side of my RAK.





What did I do?

First up I decided on the blue and gold colour with a beach theme in mind - sea and sand.

I cut a piece of cardstock and then a piece of patterned paper CO728314 - I've cut a rectangle slightly smaller than my cardstock and adhered it on top and then I've cut various rectangular pieces and formed pouches so that I could slide in a variety of die cuts, tags and ephemera to form my 'RAK'.

Here's a close up of the back or the reverse side of my 'RAK'.  Lots of rectangles that could be used to put together a background for a layout with numerous tags cut out using both cardstock and patterned paper for layering together with seaside dies - you can see a couple of anchors poking out of the top of the angled pouch that everything is tucked into.



This next photo shows some more die cut outs - anchors, seagulls and I have also used a plain water colour paper and stamped numerous images from the seaside elements stamp set - these could be coloured using paints, sprays, or inks.  I've fussy cut around the images to make it a little easier for the crafter to assemble.



You can see the jigsaw puzzle tucked inside the top pouch sleeve [together with a blue one as well].



I've also used a heart shaped jigsaw puzzle die, cut a couple of them out and found a stamp sentiment, from the heart, which I thought was appropriate, stamped the image and adhered it to a belly band.

And a bonus, when all the images and die cuts have been removed from the 'shell' or folder it too could be used as a background element on a layout - easy to pop in some of those extra memorable photos that we are all guilty of taking.


  #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts