Welcome to Artdeco Creations Brand Blog! Home of Couture Creations, Ultimate Crafts, Craft Concepts & Quilt Essentials

Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Smile by Alison Bevis

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts
Hello!!
It's Alison back again for a terrific Tuesday...

Have you seen the beautiful
STAINED GLASS 
Collection?
10 decorative dies with lovely names,
I just had to use them all!!

Smile.. 


each die was cut out in Ultimate Crafts 'Snow White' cardstock - 
which gave me the option to colour them or
leave them white!


The photo is an outdoors one so I picked out 3 shades
A yellow, green and a light brown - 


By mounting those intricate die cuts on a combination of the cardstock,
they form a lovely background for the layout


The whole layout is created with just 5 & a bit sheets of cardstock - one of each colour, one white as the base and a sheet and a bit for cutting all the dies!


I coloured the white flowers with the same inks and watercolours as the 2 stained glass pieces on either side of the photo - some added with a water brush and then a little dry brushed over too.


I love to remove a base layer of petals and make a new flower - just add another centre!

The finished layout


The frame, leaves and title are all Imaginarium Designs chipboard simply give a quick coat of spray gesso - easy!!

While I had all the offcut pieces of cardstock, I assembled a quick card


Using the 10th die from the Stained Glass collection!!
I adhered the white die cut to a piece of watercolour paper and added the colour then roughly swiped it over with a black ink pad - I don't even mind that there is an 'extra' bit of messy ink, in fact I quite like it!! Very simply added a bit of faux stitching to each layer with a black pen - easy!!

Stained Glass Collection 


Flowers


Ultimate Crafts Cardstock


Thanks for joining me again for a bit of fun,
Alison x

















3 comments:

Maree Kerwin said...

Wow!!!i just love your layout. What a clever idea to use all the dies!!!! I love the colours you choose and I really love what you did with the flowers. It all looks so pretty. I love your card also. A great way to use up some pieces. ❤️❤️❤️🙂

Adriana B said...

Awesome layout and a great way of using the dies, love the colours too

Kerrie Gurney said...

fabulous layout and go you using all the dies in the collection

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...