Super Marina Birthday Cards by Jo Piccirilli

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by. 
 
This is my first post as a Design Team member for Couture Creations and I have to say I'm a little excited!
 
It was like Christmas when I opened my package and the first thing that caught my eye was the gorgeous embossing folder from the beautiful Elegance Collection - Super Marina.  I decided I would make some cards with it.
 
Here are my cards


 


To make these cards I ran some co-ordinations cardstock with this gorgeous embossing folder through my cuttlebug.
 
 
 
I then sanded the top layer very gently with a sanding block to leave the white of the frame showing and also stitched around the edges.  I hand stitch all my work using a paper piercer . I also then inked around the edges with a brown inkpad and a sponge dauber.
 


Next I used the must have circle and scallop circle nesting dies  These nesting dies are fantastic for just about everything!  The circles fit exactly on top of the scallop circles leaving a small border  or by using two different sizes together you can make frames.
 
I cut a circle from some kraft cardstock using the second biggest circle die and a piece of white cardstock using the biggest scallop circle die

 
 
Before I stuck them together, I stamped the kraft cardstock with a background stamp and inked around the edges.  I then attached it to the middle of the embossed cardstock.  Your card is now ready to be embellished with blossoms and a sentiment.  This is now adhered to a piece of kraft cardstock and can now be stuck to your white card base.
 
Here's another look at the end result.
 

 
To make the next card I ran a piece of the blue co-ordinations cardstock through the cuttlebug using the same embossing folder.  Again I sanded it back lightly and also stitched around the edges.
 
 
I then took a chipboard butterfly and coloured it by patting a blue inkpad over it and when it was dry I covered it all with some Crystalina Glitzin Glamour Glitter Glue.  I can't live without this.  I LOVE glitter but I hate the mess so this glitter glue is fantastic to use on your creations for that bit of extra sparkle.
 
Once the butterfly is dry I then attached it to the middle of the embossed piece.  I glued a flower and some twine into the centre of the butterfly, added a sentiment for my card and finished it off with some pretty pearls.  You can then adhere this to a white piece of cardstock.  It is now ready to be attached to your card base.
 


 

 

COUTURE CREATIONS PRODUCTS USED
 
 
Thanks for allowing me to share!
 
Until next time
 
 


You May Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts