Welcome to Artdeco Creations Brand Blog! Home of Couture Creations and Ultimate Crafts

Friday, 29 November 2013

Christmas Tree Ornament by Dana Tatar


Hi Couture Creations fans! Dana here today sharing a Christmas ornament that I created with pieces of embossed chipboard. This project started out as a mini album kit. Instead of using the triangular tree portions as pages, I glued them all together to create a fun and colorful ornament for the tree!


I embossed each section of the tree with the Wild Holly Embossing Folder. I painted the front and back of each piece with a light coat of gesso and then a colorful Gelato. I highlighted the embossing with Silver Inka-Gold. I dipped the edges of each colorful tree segment in white acrylic paint for a frosty feel. Once the paint was dry, I glued the sections together to form the tree. No Christmas tree is complete without bling, so I embellished the tree with Moonlight Self-Adhesive Pearls and Silver Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue.


I created a photo frame for the back of the ornament with the Scalloped Oval and Oval Nesting Dies.


I finished embellishing the back of the ornament with a stamped sentiment and Moonlight Self-Adhesive Pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!





Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723593 Wrapped In Joy Collection - Wild Holly Embossing Folder
CO723045 Scalloped Oval Nesting Dies
CO723044 Oval Nesting Dies
CO721998 Moonlight Self-Adhesive Pearls
CO721970 Silver Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...