Embossed Happy Birthday Cards by Jo Simons

#couturecreationsaus


Hello it's Jo back again with a couple of cards using the lovely new embossing folders from the Hearts Ease collection and some dies from the Everyday Essentials collection.
The embossing folders I am using today are the Tied Together folder and the Hearts Ease Frame folder.  Both lovely folders!



I wanted these cards to have a little more depth than just the embossing so here is what I did.

I very gently swiped the raised side of the embossing folder with an inkpad.  My choice of inkpad for this is the Archival black ink pad.  The reason for that is it is actually quite a hard pad so it tends to just hit the spots you need without it smudging into the other crevices  Then run it through your machine.

Once inked up run it through your machine and you will be left with almost a stamped look.  The ink has been transferred to the de-bossed side.  I did this on two pieces of cardstock.
The second piece I cut just a bit smaller but I cut it so it matched the patterned underneath.  Kind of tricks the eye.  I then matted them on some lilac glitter cardstock and stuck them on top of each other.

 Next I grabbed a bunch of dies to complete the front of my card.  I used pretty little doily from the Frames N Frills set called Anastasia and the Mandshurica Die from the new Hearts Ease collection.
The flower and leaves are from the Everyday collection.  Whimsy Flower and Cycad Fern.

And here is the end result!


Here is a close up of my other card I made using the same inking technique.  I cut the middle out of the embossed frame and matted it on some green glitter cardstock this time for some extra sparkle.

I have embellished my card with the lovely Edith and Baby die from the Everyday Essentials collection along with a heart from the nesting dies.


I love the colour combo of these cards and how just using a few supplies you have a couple of lovely cards.

Thanks so much for popping by and all your lovely comments.  Until next time

Embossing Folders and Dies used:

 Tools and Accessories used:

Adhesives used: 




You May Also Like

7 comments

Popular Posts