Mummy's Little Helper by Kerrie Gurney

#couturecreationsaus

Hi Everyone Kerrie here
I am back with another post for Couture Creations Blog

Using the new Hearts Ease Collection along with some of my favourite
Couture Creations 2015 release dies.

The photos on my layout are one of my life long friend's granddaughter, as soon as I saw Sarah post these photos of little Grace I knew I had to scrap them using Hearts Ease papers.
So a quick email to Sarah asking if it was ok and here we are,
I am sure you will all agree Grace is adorable tending to her pansies.

I have kept my layout fairly simple as I want Grace to shine


I started off die cutting 1 x the Evergreen die from the Background Savvy collection, i so love this die it is just so versatile. I also cut 1 x Simone's Style lace border die from the Amaryllis collection and 1 x Happy from the Happy Birthday Title from the Kalini collection


Using Quick Release Die paper look how easily the die comes away from the die and all the bits just drop out


Next I used the Quick Release Die paper as a mask and sprayed gold mist on my base paper and then set it aside to dry (you can dry off using Couture Creations Heat Tool if you are pressed for time)


 Next I grabbed a selection of Couture Creations Flowers


and sprayed them using a special mix of colours to get the right colour for my page. Again I set aside to dry.
TIP; I spritz my flowers with water first so that the colours blend and to help them dry off quickly I place them on top of my Daylight lights so the heat from the bulbs helps them to dry off 

I cut 3 strips from Pansies in a Line patterned paper and cut them to different lengths and then distress and inked the edges

I then layered everything onto my base 


I cut the Evergreen die cut into pieces and placed them around my page I left some of the bits in the die to add some feature to the leaves  


I used a die cut from the Ephemera pack and cut it in to to use as a embellishment  on the top and bottom corners



here is another die cut from the Heart Ease Ephemera pack for Sarah to add some journaling


My flowers were too bright for my page so I toned them down with some gold spray painted onto the petals with a fine paint brush.


 here is a closer look at the sprayed background


I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and take some time to play today

Couture Creations Products Used
CO724175 Hearts Ease Patterned Paper, Orchard Bouquet 
CO724189 Hearts Ease Patterned Paper, Pansies in a Line
CO724186 Hearts Ease Patterned Paper, Life Story Cards
CO724395 Hearts Ease, Ephemera Pack
CO724096 Background Savvy Decorative Die, Evergreen
CO724258 Kalini Decorative Die, Happy Birthday Title
CO724309 Amaryllis Ornamental Lace Die, Simone's Style
CO724295 Cottage Pollen Flower
CO724293 Jewelled Florettes 3cm
CO724294 Jewelled Florettes 4cm
CO723818 Quick Release Die Paper
CO723828 Non Stick Craft Mat
CO723978 Heat Tool
CO721955 Non Stick Scissors
CO723608 Metal Adapter Plate
CO724037 Turbo Glue Pen
CO721984 Double Sided tape, 12mm
Co723815 Mini Glue Spots


Thanks for stopping by
Don't forget to  follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter


 Happy Creating 







You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts