Thinking of You Card by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

#couturecreationsaus


Welcome everyone! It's Julianne here today, sharing how to create a quick card, that makes a statement - and believe me, it's easy, easy, easy!

There's something about using just one main colour, that creates a gorgeous visual impact. So, to keep with that idea, I have used a black background, with lots of teal, and a touch of gold. But you could recreate this card with any colours that you like. I think it would look equally stunning on white cardstock, with red butterflies. What do you think? Are you ready to give it a try?

STEP 1: You need a piece of cardstock, 6" x 12", folded in half to create a card. Now, using the Hearts Ease stamp set, take the corner stamp, and stamp it in each of the four corners, using embossing ink.


STEP 2: Cover the stamped images with gold embossing powder. Sprinkle off the excess, then set with the heat tool.


STEP 3: Using black Staz On ink, or a permanent waterproof ink, stamp 8 images of the large butterfly from the Hearts Ease stamp sets (I have stamped about 20 images so that I could choose the best ones to use). Cut out 8 butterflies. Put them to one side.


STEP 4: Stamp several images of the "Thinking Of You" title from the Hearts Ease stamp set. I was unsure if I wanted a circular title, or a square title, so I punched out both. In the end, I preferred the visual dynamic of the square title.


STEP 5: Now to get messy and have some fun! Take a butterfly, and using  mists and a paint brush, dab teal ink all over the center of the butterfly. Next, mist finely with water, to help the ink dilute and spread. Once you are happy with the colouring, dab gently with a paper towel to remove excess water and ink. Place to one side to dry. Now repeat this process with the remaining 7 butterflies. Allow butterflies to dry thoroughly.


STEP 6: To complete the card, add foam mounting tape to the back of the title and all 8 butterflies, then align evenly and adhere to the card. Place gemstones around the entire outer edge of the title. And finally, finish with a splash of crystalina glitter glue, to the center wings of the butterflies. 

Now, how easy was that? Yes, I bet even you can create one of these! 
I think I might even go and make these in a few other colours, just to see how pretty they look. Maybe I should do one for each colour of the rainbow? :) 

COUTURE CREATIONS PRODUCT LIST:
CO724400 Hearts Ease, Stamps & Embellishments
CO724402 Hearts Ease, Stamps & Embellishments
CO721971 Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue, Crystalina
CO721964 Foam Mounting Tape, 12mm x 4m
CO723978 Craft Tools, Multi Purpose Heat Tool
 
Thanks for joining me today!
And if you would like to view any of my other creations, please visit my blog:
Jules The Bling Princess
Cheers, xxx
 
 







You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts