Together by the Sea by Tracey Rohweder

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

Hello Couture Creations readers! 
Today marks my last official blog post as part of the 2015/2016 Design Team. 
And what better way than to share this seaside layout full of Sea Breeze goodies. 
I adore this photo of one of my dearest friends and our cheeky monkeys, just after a glorious swim down by the Wynnum waterfront in the summer holidays.  

I've chosen two coordinating Sea Breeze patterned papers and 2 plain card stock (blue & dark kraft). The top patterned paper is called 'Weatherboard' which is available separately and in the 12x12 paper pads, and the second one is one the 6 papers in the Collection Pack. 

To make a border under my photo I've cut several seashell dies in blue & kraft cardstock. 
They are so fine and intricate, yet still fall out of the dies when using the Quick Release Die paper. 
I've made a rough pencil line of my photo mat, and then arranged the die cuts around the bottom half.  I've secured with strips of doubled sided tape, which will also help secure the  photo mat. 

I've used one of the stickers from the Collection pack & mounted it on blue card stock to make a title for the page. 


I've cut  two of the anchored flourish in white card stock & quick release die paper.  To give my anchor die cut a 3D look, I've placed some 3D foam strips & dots on one anchor and then placed other on top.  

 
 One the two anchors are attached, I've tied some twine around the top. 

I've matted my photo on 3 layers of patterned paper and card stock, distressing each layer with my non-stick scissors. On the back of the kraft card stock I've placed a strip of white gauze, down the middle of the mat. I've added a final mat of blue card stock, so that it pops of the background page, and placed on top of the seashell die cuts adhering with doubled sided tape. I've mounted the title on 3D foam dots and attached to the photo right of centre.
 

I've placed the anchor  to the left hand of the title, adhering with 3D Foam Dots.
I've added 2 small wheels from the Sea Breeze Charm set - one next to the anchor die cut, and in top right hand corner of the photo mate.  I've secured these with mini glue spots. 
 And that's the layout finished. 


 I like to send a huge thank you to all the team at Couture Creations for having me on the team this year, especially our trusty coordinator Kerrie.  Thanks for all you've done - It's been such fun and I've had a great time being able to create with fantastic product. 
Special shout out to the other awesomely talented & fabulous ladies on the DT - you've been a delight to work with and have inspired me all year.  I'll be following your crafty adventures and seeing what you make in the future. 
To the incoming Design Team - biggest congratulations to you! I'm looking forward to seeing all your beautiful projects and being inspired  with your creativity.
A massive thank you also must go to the wonderful readers who take the time to visit and leave such lovely comments.  It makes our day! Please keep the likes and comments coming for the new ladies. 
And finally to my number #1 fan, cheer leader and support girl Lou aka Bead Girl....It's only fitting that my last project feature you. Thank you for your words of love, encouragement and support.  Where would I be without you! 
This is Tracey R - wishing you much craftiness! 
May your totes be full, and your shopping cart NEVER empty! 
Take care.  Until next time.
  Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. You can also follow Couture Creations on FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter.






You May Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts