Cherish the Seaside Cards with Alicia


Hi everyone!
Alicia here and welcome to my post today which is a card I have created using the Seaside & Me collection - with a softer more feminine feel.  To achieve this softer feminine feel to the card I have used a peach ink that tones with the beautiful papers and a simple set of embellishments that I have created with Hot Foil, Chipboard and Ephemera. 


    


 I have used foam tape to layer the elements in the embellishment cluster to add texture and dimension to the card, without making it cluttered and heavy.


 


I have gently distressed the edges of the papers prior to inking them to help soften the edges.


 


After foiling the sentiment chipboard I have coloured the letters with a brown pen and sanded the surface - once again softening the edges and helping it to co-ordinate with the rest of the card.


 


The flowers were left from a previous project and complimented the Seaside & Me collection without taking over or competing for the star role.


 


I have used the Medallion cutting die as a Hot Foil Stamp to create the background embellishment for the cluster on the card.  I use two pieces of cardstock (not thick) as shims when putting the Hot Foil Platform through my Go, Cut & Emboss Machine to help ensure that the foiling works perfectly every time.


 


I always audition the pieces I am using during the creative process - helping me to ensure that each piece is in the perfect place and fits the overall design.  The sentiment just didn't work above the cluster, and had to move.


 


The Copper Hot Foil from the Seaside & Me Hot Foil set was the guiding influence in my choice of the edging ink colour - which I applied with a Sponge Dauber (a very well used one at that).


 


I did make some Pigment Powder into a watercolour solution that I used to add some shimmer to the embellishments I created, helping them to work well together.


 


Couture Creations products I have used: 
 CO726205 Seaside & Me Patterned Paper #12 
CO726198 Seaside & Me Patterned Paper #05 
CO726195 Seaside & Me Patterned Paper #02 
CO726152 Seaside & Me Ephemera Set 
CO726218 Seaside & Me Heat Activated Foil Pack (Copper) 
CO726193 Seaside & Me Chipboard Flourishes Set 
CO726188 Seaside & Me Chipboard Sentiments Set 
CO726176 Seaside & Me Seashell Hot Foil Stamp 
CO726168 Seaside & Me Medallion Cutting Die 
CO725034 Foil Me Hot Foil Set (Silver) 
CO725032 Go, Press & Foil Machine 
CO725159 Stainless Steel Scissors 


 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


 




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts