My Friend Card by Cheryl




I'm a big lover of shabby chic and was delighted with the new Couture Creations Butterfly Garden Collection as it contains many beautiful designs. This card was one of my first designs using those papers. Lightly sponging the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink, I started with a white cardbase, and cut my dsp just slightly smaller than the base size, then distressed the edges. I then took another piece of approximately the same size, and distressed it as well.




 It was then cut into three strips and once cut, I distressed the cut side, which wasn't distressed. (I find this easier than distressing all the way around the thinner strips.) Using Vintage Photo distress ink again, I went all around the strips, as well as the piece to be placed on the cardbase. I also added a piece of cream seam binding across the front, but in hindsight this was a waste as it could barely be seen. As you can see above, I placed the three strips at various places on the card. I don't like things to be perfect for vintage of shabby chic style, which is why I do this. *I added foam tape to the outer two of these, to give the card more dimension. I had some quite fibrous "wool" in a complementary colour, and I randomly wrapped it through the various strips, ensuring it was secured well with adhesive. (See the image above.) Taking another small (sponged and distressed) strip of the dsp, I stamped a greeting and added it to the left side of the card. It looked a little bare, so I then took the Cut, Foil and Emboss Nouveau Butterfly and foiled it, and added to the left hand top of the card. I added some small white pearls to the centre of the butterfly.




   



 Lastly I added some pearl drops, and my card was done.



Products Used:
CO726048 - Pink (Iridescent Flakes Pattern)
CO725847 - Cut, Foil and Emboss Die ñ Nouveau ñ Butterfly
C0726559 - Mini Stamp - Butterfly Garden - For My Friend
C0726529 - Butterfly Garden Collection Patterned Paper


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creation!  



 




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts