Foiled LOVE card with Cheryl

            


   #couturecreationsaus     


If you're anything like me, you have some left over Christmas design papers you want to use up, I have some off-cuts and scraps from The Gift of Giving collection.

Using Christmas papers for other theme projects is a great way to use them up.
The first thing I did was cut a piece for the base. This paper originally had the words Merry Christmas and Happy New Year on it, but I managed to avoid that part.  I had some of the beautiful poinsettia papers too.
My aim for this card was to make these Christmas papers into a card that had nothing to do with the festive season.



I began by foiling the lower edge of the topper. I used a set from the Gentleman Crafter collection.  Unfortunately, I didn't cut the foil carefully enough and ended up with a lot of overfilling. Instead of trying to fix it, I decided to foil onto some contrasting paper.  And you know what? I think it looks even better!  Looks like a bit of distressing effect on it.

Next I cut an oval out of the centre of the topper. Again, I used the Oval card Maker Frames, and my Go Press and Foil machine. I used the Green Foil (mirror finish) for all the foiling.

Make sure to keep that priced that cuts out , because you can use it on another card.

Next, I foiled the LOVE greeting and the row of hearts from the "LOVE AND HEART BORDER" cut and create dies.  Then I cut out a piece of the poinsettia paper, making it a little larger than the opening.  That was then glued to the back, placing the poinsettia itself where it looked the best.

Last of all, I added the row of hearts and the "Love" greeting. The latter I popped up with foam tape.

  

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creation! Cheers Cheryl :)

                                         Couture Creations Products Used for this Project:
C0726722 - Dazzlia Love and Heart Border Cut, Foil & Create Die Set 
CO726848 – Hotfoil Stamp - Gentlemans Emporium - Border Collection Set 























You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts