Just for You card with Cheryl

In Australia we will be  celebrating Australia Day on Tuesday - we thought we will re-visit a few projects and create some new ones the next few days, with the Sweeping Plains collection.  Be sure to check out our facebook posts in the next few days with some unique and inspirational projects. Today we have Cheryl.





 




 It's Cheryl here, and since it's almost Australia Day, I thought I'd make an Australiana card. You might recall I made a card folio back in November using the Sweeping Plains collection. You can visit the blog post HERE: FOLIO CARD SET


 Here is a simple card using Cinammon cardstock I cut my base. Next I cut a piece of design paper slightly smaller than the front. I chose a piece that had some greenery on it, as I'd decided to use a cut apart that featured a Kookaburra, since they are one of my favourite Australian birds. I wanted to make this card a little different, so instead of using the cut apart as it was, I cut around the oval surrounding the bird and scenery, making sure not to cut off the tail. This way the tail sits below the rest of the oval, and gives a more texured appearance. I distressed around the edges of the topper and the featured image using scissors, but you can also use a distress tool. Then, using blending brushes, distressed with ink on both pieces.


   


 I glued the topper to the base, then added foam tape to the Kookaburra feature image and stuck that down. Lastly I took a greeting from the Sentiment Pack and put foam tape on each end, then stuck it across the main image on a slight angle. And that was it. My card was done. This very simple card could be used for just about any ocassion by changing up the sentiment. It would make a lovely masculine card as well. 

Couture Creations Products Used:

C0727973 – Sweeping Plains 12×12 Collection C0727981 - Sweeping Plains Diecut Sentiment Set ULT200044 - Cardstock - 12x12 - Cinnamon (216gsm) CO727948 - Blending Brush - Medium - 20 x 30mm C0721964 – Double Sided Foam Tape 12mm x 4m C0726343 – Couture Creations Mini Guillotine CO726342 – Couture Creations 12×12 Scoring Board

                                            Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creation!  

#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts