I have had a lot of fun with my creation for the blog. I don't do much off the page work but I had a raw mdf box with lid sitting in my cupboard for ages. And of course we have the perfect collection at the moment to use, Magnolia Lane, and it came out better than expected.
I lightly sanded the mdf box and then painted it in a very pale pink. I jut kept adding white paint until I got the colour I wanted. Once dry I cut papers, Fancy Floral, to cover the top and sides.
I then stamped the top and sides of the box with a script stamp from my collection. Using texture paste I then added a 3d affect to the paper.
Next I die cut about a dozen leaves from the rose cutting die set in white pink and black. I did the same with the flower from the same set. I heat embossed the leaves with a clear powder to give them a gloss, and layered the flower mixing up the colours.
I blinged up two of the paper magnolia flowers using pink and black glitter. Then added some white glitter over the top to soften the black a little. I found a metal bee in my stash and covered it with gesso. Whilst both were set aside to dry I attached the leaves to the lid of the box.
To the outside sides of the box I added both some venetian lace that I had and some of the black lace from the Magnolia Lane collection. I added some more of the black lace to the inside of the box. I also chose one of the ladies from the Pretty Patches paper to the inside bottom on the box and edge it with some pearls.
Build up your flowers and add them on top of the leaves on the lid. I used some pink paint and gold paste to colour my bee and used a hot glue gun to attach it to the lid. Finally I added a few pink and black flowers from my stash and it was done.
Thanks for stopping by