Welcome to Artdeco Creations Brand Blog! Home of Couture Creations, Ultimate Crafts, Craft Concepts & Quilt Essentials

Friday, 6 January 2017

Vintage Tag by Tracey Cooley


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Hi Everyone 

I hope you all had an awesome New Year. This is my first post or 2017 and it is just a quick tag with a cute flower made from the Trimming pack from the Oh La La Collection
Once again I have used some of my other collections to work with the Oh La La including the Be Merry Range of Embellishments and the Wild and Free Dies. I love how all the Collections can be used to compliment each other and I love that I can still use the Be Merry range all year round. 


For this Vintage Tag I have use the Ultimate Crafts 6x6 Oh La La paper pad and cut a 3" strip and the shaped the top to form my tag.


after shaping my tag I then Distressed it a little by scrunching it up and the sanding it lightly with the black side  of my Couture Creations Sanding Block. I then inked its edges.


I then took a Paper Doily from the Oh La La Paper Doily set Hearts and mixing some Couture Creations Anna Griffin Pigment Powder and alcohol on a Couture Creations Craft mat I then put my doily in the droplets. I dried it with a Couture creations Heat tool and added it to my tag.


With the left over mixture I painted a Chipboard word and a couple of hearts from the Couture Creations Be Merry Range and set aside to dry.


to make my flower I cut a smallish circle from the Couture creations Circle Nesting Dies and the length of Lace from the Oh La La ribbons and lace set.


then using a hot glue gun I attached the lace, gathering it as I went around the outside of my cardstock circle.


spiralling it into the middle as above.



then I used an earing that I had purchased from a costum jewelry shop for the centre of my flower. I removed the loops etc from the earing first and used hot glue to secure it. I then added to the doily.


 I then cut from matching cardstock a die cut of the Couture Creations Wild and Free Forest Frame and set to cutting it into pieces to use as foliage.


Then I added my title and hearts that I painted earlier then to finish off. I added some of the Oh La La ribbons to the top with a staple.

I love the way this turned out it has such a warm vintage feel about it and cannot wait to add it to a special gift. 

Artdeco Creations Products Used 







#CreativeInspirationLive



https://au.pinterest.com/ArtdecoBrands/https://www.instagram.com/artdecocreationsbrands/







3 comments:

Maree Kerwin said...

Oh that is so beautiful!!!! I just love your vintage rag. Love the colours and how you used your pretty dies. I really love how you made your lacy flower. That is such a clever idea. Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing creations throughout the year. Just love your tag. It does look so special!!!! Perfect for giving!!!!❤❤❤🙂

Adriana B said...

Great vintage tag and love that lace flower too.

Kerrie Gurney said...

great tag and tutorial Tracey ..I must get in and create some lace flowers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...