Vintage Couture by Tracey Cooley

Hi Creators!

I recently went to a scrapping retreat and one of the challenges was to create a vintage layout using vintage photos and quilling... this is not a strong style for me so first I had to learn how to quill (which I must admit I enjoyed) and find some vintage photos. I finally remember that I had some photos of my husbands Grandparents when they were in their early 20s, so I used those... This is what I came up with using some Couture Creations tools along the way.

 
 
I created the blue/green border using the Couture Creations Nesting Dies Victorian Square.. I simply used the top edge of the die and lined it up with the previous cut to form the border.
 
 
 
I popped a Doily cut from the Couture Creations Fantasia range (Celestial) under the corner of my pics.. and added some Couture Creations adhesive Gemstones in the middle of my quilled flowers.
I distressed the edge of the layout with Couture Creations Scissors... and sanded some parts of the photos with the Couture Creations Sanding Block on the fine side.
 
I will definitely be trying out my other Couture Creations nesting dies with this border technique.
And maybe even some more quilling!!!
 
Keep On Creating!
Couture Creations Products used
CO723048 Nesting Dies Victorian Square
CO723220 Fantasia Doily Dies Celestial
CO721985 6mm Double Sided Tape
CO721996 Adhesive Gemstones Crystal
CO721955 Non Stick Scissors
CO723060 Sanding Block



 
 

You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts