Worlds' Best Mother by Tracey Rohweder

#couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

And hello to you today! 
Tracey R here to get you ready for Mother's Day. Say what?  
Can you believe we are staring down the barrel of May very soon?  I don't know where the year is going.  But with May comes that all important day to show Mums (and other special women in our lives) just how much we love them & how thankful we are to have them in our lives.   Let me show you how to create a beautiful card for a special lady.  
Let's get crafting!
I've used a 5x7 white card, with a piece of Ultimate Crafts pink cardstock (Pandora) just smaller as the base for my card.  I've distressed around the edges of the cardstock with my non-stick scissors.  Best distressing tool out!
I've gathered up my offcuts from the Magnolia Lane 6x6 pad and arranged them in horizontal strips across the cardstock, to decide on placement. I chose the top piece as a focal strip with the pattern in the left corner, so I can put my greeting on the right hand side. 
I've trimmed each piece to 4.5 inches wide.  Seeing as strips will overlap, the height of each strip isn't that important.  I've then distressed and inked each edge. 
I've layered each strip on top of the previous one using double sided tape, and curled up the distressed edges to add some dimension. 

 
I've embellished and stamped my greeting on the top piece before attaching to the layers to ensure a flat working surface.  I've placed a small piece of gauze behind the butterfly metal trinket and mounted on foam tape.  I've stamped the Mother's Day sentiment in black ink and placed 3mm pearls (Chiffon Cream) on either side, and one on the top of the bird cage. 
 
This sentiment layer has been attached to the top of the pink cardstock with double sided tape. 
 

To finish the card off I've attached the pink cardstock to my white 5x7 card with wide double sided tapeChange the sentiment (it's YOUR card!) to make a lovely birthday or thinking of you card.
 
So today I salute the amazing strong women in our lives. 
May we know them. 
May we be them.
May we raise them. 
Because we'd be lost without them. 
To the wonderful women in my life who keep me sane,  make me laugh & get me through the day - 
Mum, TBB, Corbs, Bead Girl, Scrap Girl, Ribbon Storm, Super Chef & Megzi
You are the bestest & I love you to the moon and back!
xxxxx
Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter. 
 
Couture Creations/Ultimate Crafts Products Used
ULT157488 6x6 Paper Pad Magnolia Lane  
ULT157500 Magnolia Lane Embellishments, Metal Trinkets  
CO724634 3mm Pearls, Chiffon Cream  
CO721955, Pointed Non-stick Scissors 14cm  
CO721964 12mm Foam Mounting Tape,  
CO72196518mm Double sided Tape
Have a crafty day! 
Tracey R
 




You May Also Like

5 comments

Popular Posts