Christmas Party by Julie Schinkel


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  

Hi everyone! It's Julie here back on the blog today sharing a Christmas layout created using papers from the "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" Collection by Ultimate Crafts and dies from the "Let Every Day Be Christmas" Collection by Couture Creations.

I wanted to make a fun layout which is quite a challenge as these papers are very formal. But I managed to make it all work to compliment the photo of my nephew Matty at his daycare Christmas party :)


I've taken the green plaid patterned paper from the 12x12 paper pack and a piece of Ultimate Crafts Battle Fatigue cardstock to use as the base for this layout. The cardstock has been trimmed down so you can see the plaid paper behind it forming the border. I then used some Anna Griffin Texture Paste with the Be Merry Holly Flourish stencil and randomly stenciled around the area where the photograph and embellishments were to be placed. I've also randomly stamped two images from the To Be Jolly 5x7 Embossing Folder and Stamp Set in green and red ink to add some more interest to the background.

I took some scraps of the same plaid patterned paper and some of the deep green snowflake paper and cut them into random sized pieces to form a mat for the photo. These were all inked with red ink for some contrast. I die cut a Snowflake Doily from some Ultimate Crafts Shamrock cardstock which I cut down and placed around the photo. The sprigs were die cut using the Pine Needles Die Set with some DieCut&Bond tape placed onto cardstock. I removed the backing and adhered with some Green Mirror foil. I've die cut some red glitter cardstock using the Winter Corner Die and Merry Christmas Sentiment Die and the flower was sprayed with red spray ink. Some gems and pearls scattered around the layout and we're done! :)






Artdeco Creations Products Used:


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial.
Until next time.
Happy Crafting!




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts