Primrose Card with Joanne


Primrose Layers and Bracket Frames



For this card I've used two of the cut, foil and emboss dies from the Couture Creations Modern Essentials, Bracket Frames set, and the Primrose Flower hot foil stamp from the Le Petit Jardin collection, to create both the background and the topper.

My card is A5 size (14.9cm x 21cm).  I've cut a mat from some dark purple metallic card 14.4cm x 20.6cm, and then cut a piece of white card for the background 14cm x 20.2cm.


The white card is 300gsm stamping card, which I've chosen to use because I want a good card for colouring the flower after I've foiled it.  I find I need a little more pressure for foiling on this card than I do when foiling of 250gsm smooth white card, so I use 3 card shims instead of my usual 2.

I've used a strong coin magnet - the type used with stamping platforms, to achieve precise positioning of the sentiment and primrose hot foil stamps.  See my video for details of how to do this, if this technique is new to you.

I used some water based marker pens and a water brush to colour my flower, but you can use any water based medium as the foil will resist any water based product.  I've also tried watercolor pencils, gel pens, mica water colour paints and pigment stamping inks.

For the Modern Essentials cut, foil and emboss dies, you need to use one or two thin metal shims on your GoPress and Foil - I use one metal shim with a piece of 300gsm card underneath it, but what work best for you will depend on your personal die cutting machine.





For the Bracket Frames, counting from the largest size inwards, I've used the 2nd die to cut and foil the patterned paper layer and the 4th die to cut and foil the white card.






The same primrose flower hot foil stamp is used to create the foiled decoration on the white card background - foiled in silver.   I've also used the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Happy Birthday hot foil stamp to foil the sentiment.  I've used purple foil to co-ordinate with the colors in the patterned paper and my colored flower on the topper.




Couture Creations Products Used:

CO725424 - Le Petit Jardin  -  Primrose Flower Hotfoil Stamp
CO725434  - Le Petit Jardin  - LE PETIT JARDIN 12 X 12 PAPER PAD
CO726459  - Modern Essentials Cut, Foil and Emboss dies - Bracket Frames 
CO725288  - Anna Griffin Hot Foil Stamps - Happy Birthday
CO726053 - Heat Activated Foil - Purple (Deep Mirror Finish)
CO725350 - Heat Activated Foil - Silver (Mirror Finish)







You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts