Mini Album with Michelle


Hi everyone,

It's my turn again to share a little creativity on the blog and I have been creating with the Butterfly Garden collection.

I've made a quick mini album.



White cardstock is the base and I have cut two large 'label shapes and then using a slightly smaller die I have cut out another two shapes from patterned paper and adhered to the cardstock.

Just like that one front and bottom cover.



A close up of the cover ...




The inside of this wee mini album was very quick to assemble.

I have cut two strips of white cardstock 2 3/4" wide by 12" in lengthwise. 

Score first strip at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4" and again at 11". 

Score the second strip the same and then cut at 11" instead of scoring and throw the inch piece away.

Join the two strips together by using double sided tape, adhering the join behind the remaining 1 inch from that first strip of cardstock - hope that makes sense.

Choose a patterned paper and cut squares 2 1/2" square for each inner page - I stuck with the same patterned paper for the inside pages and decorated with a combination of cardstock doilies and frames and a few sequins - just so that the inside of the album stayed reasonably flat.

I came across a fabulous 'friendship quote', typed it up and printed in strips, inked the edges and adhered to the inner pages. 


When you're sad, I will dry your tears
When you're scared, I will comfort your fears.
When you're worried, I will give you hope.
When you're confused, I will help you cope.
And when you're lost, and can't see the light,
I shall be your beacon shining ever so bright.
This is my oath; I pledge till the end.
Why may you ask? Because you're my friend.


Before adhering the front and back covers - run a piece of lace or ribbon around your inner pages of your mini album and then adhere to back and front cover.




I embellished the front cover with some hessian, crafting fibres, muslin [cheesecloth], a bauble branch, some sequins, floral baubles and a handmade foamiran bloom.

Using a toothpick I have dipped it in the gesso container and randomly applied  to the front.

I found a sentiment sticker 'true friend' - very appropriate and adhered to a small piece of cardstock and then to my album.

Done and dusted - all ready for gifting to a special friend to bring a smile.


Couture Creations Materials :



Until next time
Happy crafting everyone
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]



#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts