Rosette Canvas with Alicia (pt1)


Hi and welcome to my post today where I am going to share with you how I create Rosette Flowers using my Couture Creations Scoring Board, some paper scraps and Dimensional Magic.



I start with paper strips cut using these measurements for the three sizes of Rosettes I like to create:
9 1/4" x 3/4"
9 3/4" x 1"
10 1/4" x 1 1/4"

I have discovered the hard way that if you make your paper strips too short or too wide that they just don't work, or look nice either.  



I score the strips with my Scoring Board and the included stylus/folder every 1/4" along the length, which needs to be an odd number of spaces so that the Rosettes can be glued together with enough strength not to fall apart.  



On the topic of not falling apart - is what to adhere the Rosettes with - Dimensional Magic (nothing holds as well with the springy forces at play with Rosettes).





I have a short demonstration Video for you showing all of the above steps and more, sorry there is no talking as I was at work and Amelia-Ann was giving me corrective instructions because 4 year olds know everything.



WATCH THE  VIDEO:

You are probably wondering what I am going to do with a big pile of Rosettes made with beautiful Butterfly Garden papers.......you will have to return in a couple of days to find out.






Happy Creating and have a Wonderful Day!



Couture Creations products used:
CO725342 12x12 Scoring Board
CS11215 Dimensional Magic




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts