April Challenge - Negative die cuts with Lea Anne

Couture Creations April 2020 Design Team Challenge

My turn up on the blog with a new monthly challenge for everyone. 
This time I am going to share with you have to use the remaining negative die cuts to make some interesting and beautiful cards. You can also use the negative dies cuts on your scrap book layouts as shaker boxes 
or as interesting layered elements. 





Usually when we cut and use our dies, we generally only cut out the die image as it was intended and then 
discard the remaining negative cut out. 
These card examples below will show how easy and effective it is to utilize the negative die on a card. 
A great saving on time as one die cut will give you the base for two greeting cards.

Thinking of you Tree Positive Die Card
In the first card I used the actual Tree die cut as the positive raised element on the card. 
Adding a matt, a sentiment, ribbon, a bow and voila, one card done.







Thinking of you Tree Negative Die Card
For the second card I used the remaining negative cut out to create a similar and yet very different card. 
The negative die cut now becomes a raised recessed layer. 
I added foam on the back of the card to raise before sticking down.
Before sticking down, for interest, I partially embossed the lower part of the card. 
I added an organza ribbon, bow and sentiment to complete the card.
      


Happy Birthday positive die shaker box card
For my next sample card, I used the Couture Creations stamp and hot foil circle die.  
After die cutting the centre out inside of the circle die, this positive die cut created a raised element the card. 
Adding foam, acetate and microbeads I created a shaker box. 
I finished off the card by adding the sentiment and peaceful peonies die cut flowers from the Peaceful Peonies Ephemera collection.





Friends Negative die cut shaker box card
Using the remaining card with the negative die cut hole, I also raised this with foam, added acetate to cover the recessed hole and microbeads to create the shaker box. 
I finished off the card by using the cut out mini inner circle from the first card, which I hot foiled with a Couture Creations hot foil stamp. 
I then added the sentiment and butterfly from the Peaceful Peonies Ephemera Collection to finish the card.




Thankyou Male positive die greeting card
For something a bit different, I created these rugged male themed cards using this positive/negative die technique. 
First for the positive die cut card, I die cut the Gentleman figure using the Couture Creations Exquisite Gentleman mini die from the Gentleman’s Emporium Collection. 
I also used the expression die cut and sentiment sticker and words from the same collection. 
For add interest, I used the tarnished metal technique on silver mirror board.
I then die cut the cogs to use on this card. 
I like the layered look using left over scraps of paper with stripes, wood and cork.
The roughed up edges of the card gives this card an interesting look for a male card.







Thankyou Male negative die greeting card
For the remaining negative die cuts, I used the tarnished metal card from which I cut out the cogs, as the base of this card. 
Then, like the first card, I used left over scraps of card, cork and wood to give the additional layered look and feel to this card. I roughed up the edges of the card before sticking down.
Using the left over negative die cut from the Exquisite Gentleman mini die cut, I added this as a top layer to this card. 
To finish off the layered effect of this card I cut some more tarnished metal cogs and added as the final layered elements to this greeting card.




I trust that you enjoyed this challenge. 
Looking forward to seeing your finished projects and interruption of this technique. Enjoy!

Products used:
 C0724824 Couture Creations Go cut and emboss machine 
C0726032 Couture Creations Go press and foil machine 
C0726343 Couture Creations - Mini Guillotine  
C0726463 Cut, foil, emboss decorative nesting circular flourished frames
C0727350 Peaceful Peonies 12x12 Collection pack
C0725701 Couture Creations Pink Petal hot foil 
C0726812 Gentleman’s Emporium 12x12 Collection pack
C0726826 Gentleman’s Emporium Die cut Ephemera Set
C0726828 Exquisite Gentleman Cutting Die
C0726430 Self Adhesive Black Foam Strips
C0726428 Self-Adhesive Black foam dots

Lea-Anne Alexander
Facebook: @artandcraftcards










******


Here is Guest Designer Donna Triffitt
challenge samples

My two cards for the challenge using the Steampunk Dreams collection.



  


Kaylee Snell has created her cards with the
"My Secret Love" Collection




If you want to join in on the fun create you cards or projects and add them inn the comments sections on our FACEBOOK page 

Happy Crafting :) 



  #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts