Hello Lovely Card with Karen




Hi Everyone,
During these difficult times we're living in, it's more important than ever we reach out to those we love and can't visit.
I've decided to do this by hand making some cards to post the old fashioned way.
My walk through today is a card I've made using the Steampunk Dreams Collection by Lucy Campeanu.
My hope is that you will look beyond the obvious themes of a collection and challenge yourself to make something different - naturally keeping the recipient of your card in mind,
and what they would appreciate receiving.

PROCESS


To start, my card base is 6x6' square, so I cut a sheet of the Steam Punk Dreams double sided pattern paper just slightly smaller than this, so I'd have approx 1/4" of the card base showing.
The natural wood grain on this paper is one of my favourites so was a natural choice for my card.

The collection has a Mesh Cutting die, and rather than use the die in its traditional sense - to cut out - I fixed it to the paper and used Glimmer Paste from my stash to fill in the circles to give a mixed media effect to the card.
The Hearts Fly stamp in the Collection was also one of my favourites, but rather than stamp the image, I wanted to add a foiling effect.
I applied Foil Transfer Gel before stamping onto white card stock from my stash.
Go Press & Foil Silver Irredescient foil gives a gorgeous rainbow effect on movement of the card, this was applied through a laminator after leaving the foil to try for around 30 minutes.
Don't you just love the ethereal effect it has with these angel wings?

To add a bit of complementary colour to the card, I coloured the 'Hello Lovely' sentiment in baby blue ink, before overlaying with liquid glitter to add that sparkle touch.

By this time, my background had dried and I was ready to construct my card.
You can see the detail in this paper a lot more clearly on this image, and I think the combination of nature with the angel wings works perfectly together.
Construction of the card came along very quickly. I felt something was missing though, so added a butterfly from the Gears and Butterflies stamp set, using the same baby blue ink [although you won't think from the image above] and fussy cut out. I added Adhesive Pearls onto the butterfly as well as around the card background. These were a shout out to the tiny dots left in-between the circles from the die, I think the embellishments finish off the card beautifully as they look so elegant.
Of course, no card would be complete without a sentiment on the inside.
This quote from the stamp set was the perfect sentiment to add inside, along with the butterfly again in the bottom right hand corner. The same baby blue ink was used for consistently, and I love the distressed look this gives, really does look handwritten.

Thanks for joining me.

PRODUCTS USED

Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls 2mm wide Cream
  #artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts