Mini Flip Album with Karen


 Hi Everyone,
Have you ever created a mini flip album? 
They are my favourite go-to project whenever I have more photos to add than a 12x12 scrapbook layout can fit. I treat them as separate little layouts, but I always make a conscious effort to keep the album cohesive by using one collection, and add in repeat effects.


PROCESS
 Cut your Pages

Flip Albums can be made in any shape or size. If you have any nested shape dies, these are perfect way to put together an album. For this album I used My Secret Love Collection with nested pennant flag dies. As you can see I’ve used six different sizes here, but you can make your album as small or big as you like. Don’t have nested dies? You can always keep each page in your album the same – I just prefer the staggered sizing as it lets me see a little of each page from the front.


Decorate the Edges
Before I start to assemble the album, I decorate the outside of each one.
It’s too tricky doing this later once your photos, sentiments and embellishments are added.

Some ideas for you to try are; pom-pom trim, tulle, sewing machine [or hand] stitching, and crepe paper.  I varied the materials I used to give a different texture for each page, whilst keeping to the main colour scheme. Another great aspect to these mini albums is that you’re not constrained by space, so add dimension where you can!



Add your Eyelets

If you have a crop-o-dile you can punch holes and add eyelets to ensure your album stands the test of time. If not, simply use a single hole punch at the top of each page. It is much easier to do before you start and gives you a guide to work around.

 

 Page by Page Process

As you can see, my first page got ruined! I was attempting to border punch the bottom of the page and made a doozie of a mistake! My album of six is now an album of five.  Such a shame as I loved this stamp from the set ‘We Just Fit’ and was perfect for my mini album, which contains photos of all 5 of us – including our dog.



Together Forever

Ink from my stash was rubbed against the edges of the page to add more pink into the page.

The butterfly stamp was added, after fussy cutting out from some left-over paper. Stitches where also added to the bottom of the sentiment to add some texture. The Adhesive Pearls finished off this page.  I used foam dots to the back of the photo, to add dimension and lift the photo off the page.

 
Love You

For this page I added some ink from my stash again, this time green to the top right and bottom left of the page. There were a couple of the die cuts from the collection that I used to add some layers to the page.

There are so many sentiment stamps in the collection that I also wanted to incorporate one on each page too, to add some consistency throughout all the pages.  Another way to add consistency is to finish off with the Adhesive Pearls on each page too.


You and Me

As the pages are now getting bigger, I’m able to add more embellishments.  The butterfly was again added but this time I dipped in two different colours to give the butterfly more interest. The ‘you and me’ stamp fit perfect for this photo of my daughter and I, which I layered on the left-hand side with left over paper pieces.

One of the die cut pieces was also added to the left hand side to add more shape to the page, with again more Adhesive Pearls adding detail. To finish off the page, I distressed the side with my scissors.


To keep your Pearls nicely spaced and straight, the Couture Creations tweezers are the perfect size and shape to align these in place.


You Fill my Heart

No family album would be complete without their pet, and Fudge is the centre of our family!

Making the most of left-over scraps of paper, I again used these as a border for the photo. Border punching was added to the right-hand side of the photo – I love the delicate look of this.

The stamped sentiment was added in black this time – to match the darkness of the photo. I cut this out following the outline of the lace on the patterned paper, then added foam dots to the back before fixing onto the bottom of the photo.



My Love

The last page in my album, and due to its size [4x6 inches] I was able to add quite a bit of detail. The die cut ‘my love’ was added to the bottom, I blended over some pink ink first so it would stand out again the background.

‘We are a team’ was cut out from one of the patterned paper pieces and was the perfect quote to add to this photo. I fixed this with foam dots.  The photo was backed with one of the quote cards too.



 Finally don’t forget to add your journaling to the back of each page.
I always date these too, as they make a great keepsake.

Don't forgort to share your finished project with us too as we love to see them all.

PRODUCTS USED

Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls:
·       3mm wide Emerald Green
·       3mm wide Stunning Silver
·       2mm wide Chocolate
·       2mm wide Cream


 


#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts