Decorated Chocolate Gift box with Michelle

Hi everyone and welcome back.


Today let me share a little creativity with you, this time in the form of a gifting box for a block/cake of Cadbury chocolate.





I've been making a few of these of late and this one was made using cardstock and gorgeous papers from the Couture Creations Peaceful Peonies collection and in particular the small patterned paper pad.






a close up look of the front ...



Now you are going to be thinking to yourself - what's going on here - we are now in 'blue' and we were in 'pink' - why? because I've just made three of these chocolate gift boxes and they were all made at night and I didn't get photos of this stage in the 'white' ... so just to keep you on your toes, I'm sharing what the 'cut out' and 'scored' blank chocolate box looks like so you can see the measurements and the cuts and folds.

Starting with a piece of cardstock 8 1/2" x 12" - long side to the top of your scoreboard score at 3", 3 1/2", 7", 7 1/2", 11", 11 1/2".

Rotate and on the short side score at 1/2" and 8".

Now score, burnish and fold all score lines and make the cuts similar to shown in photograph below.



My 'pink' chocolate box, the base is in white cardstock.


Now because I have chosen the pink theme in the patterned paper I have used pink cardstock as an additional layer and the measurements of each pink piece of cardstock is as follows ...



7 1/4" x 2 3/4" - cut one piece



7 1/4" x 3 1/4" - cut two pieces



7 1/4" x 3/8" - cut two pieces



3 1/4" x 3/8" - cut two pieces



Patterned paper - you will need to cut the following



2 1/2" x 6 1/2" - cut one piece



3" x 6 1/2" - cut one piece



And now back to the pink ... the next two photos show you the chocolate box itself before it has been embellished and of course those gorgeous papers.



My block of chocolate was bigger or should I say longer than the paper pad and so I chose to tear my paper and add a piece of lacy edge white paper to give it a little more texture and by tearing it and leaving the edge like that, no one that wasn't in the know wouldn't have known the size of the original background paper - love using the smaller patterned paper pads for making boxes and cards and just whatever really - 12"x12" are wonderful for paper creativity but don't overlook their smaller counter parts.







and here we go with a little embellishment cluster on the top ...










and once more in its entirety



And, just for the record, I still haven't eaten the cake of chocolate that I used for measuring purposes. [It was close ...]


Couture Creations Materials  :

Couture Creations - round doily die

Happy creating everyone
Until next time
Keep warm, stay safe and I hope you find a little creativity time
Michelle. XX





  #couturecreationsaus    




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts