Forever by Tracey Cooley


Hi Creators!

I went for a stroll around one of my LSS the other day and found a little bag of soft leather in browns and creams and it got me to thinking....so home I went to play with the leather I had just purchased and some of my Couture Creations goodies.


 
There are a couple of techniques on this Layout that I would like to share with you.
 
 
Distressed Edge: The first is a simple one using the Couture Creations Precision Scissors. Simply open your scissors and run them back and forth along the edge of your paper to give a fantastic distressed edge. HINT: I do have one of those distressing gadgets but must say I get a much better edge with these scissors.
 


Embossed Leather: I wanted to cut my leather into shapes, so I used my Couture Creations nesting dies.** the dies did not quite cut all the way through the leather but it did give me a great line to go by making it really easy to cut out perfect shapes.


Spray your leather with water making it wet.. (this gives a crisper embossed image)

 
then simply emboss your leather with a Couture Creations Embossing folder, I have used Sweet Dreams Ello (cream) and Fine Designs Exotic (brown). Allow to air dry before applying to project.
 
 
Open Rose: Cut 1 small flower with Couture Creations Nesting Die Daisy and 2 of the next largest size. Cut into middle using Couture Creations Precision Scissors. **not all the way to the centre you want to leave a section of the middle for adhesive.
 
 
Spritz with water, you want to make them fairly wet for the next step.
 
 
roll each petal over a pencil or large skewer, then with your fingers squeeze the sides of the petal together so it crushes together.
 
 
Do this for all petals and let dry..
 
 
 
once your flowers are dry, straighten them back out ( you will notice the petals now have an aged look). Then roll each petal with a smaller skewer. Repeat this to all flowers
 
 
Once your flowers are rolled, simply layer them so that the bottom 
  layer of rolled petals are facing down and the next two layers, petals face upwards using the smaller flower for the upper most layer. Add some beads or stamen to the centre to finish off.
 
 
Couture Creations Products used
 
Keep on creating!
 
 

 
 
 

You May Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts